The European Council for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (ECSB) is a non-profit organization whose main objective is to advance the understanding of entrepreneurship and to improve the competitiveness of SMEs in Europe. ECSB facilitates the creation and distribution of new knowledge through research, education and the open exchange of ideas between professions and across national and cultural boarders.
ECSB organises for its members high-quality conferences, such as the RENT conference in co-operation with EIASM, in order to facilitate and enhance the exchange of knowledge within the ECSB membership.
The network of ECSB´s members covers nearly the whole Europe geographically; it has some 400 members from over 35 countries. Through its affiliation to the International Council for Small Business since 1989, the European network is also connected to the global academic and professional small business community.
The membership benefits of ECSB include:
- Access to useful resources for academics in the field of entrepreneurship and small business
- Free publications: ECSB electronic Newsletter; JSBM; ICSB Bulletins, etc.
- Special Interest Groups
- For junior researchers: free participation at dedicated ECSB events as the ECSB Career Mentoring Program, the PhD workshop, the post-doc collaborative research roundtable
- 35% discount on all entrepreneurship books published by Edward Elgar
- 10% discount on Sage Publications
- Reduced rates for several entrepreneurship and small business journals (e.g. ISBJ)
- Reduced registration fees to international conferences
- Career service
- Access to ECSB Country events and country chapters
ECSB – European Council for Small Business and Entrepreneurship Executive Secretary:
University of Turku
School of Economics